Coronavirus and Schools
Government guidance for educational settings
Our C of E schools have welcomed back pupil for the start of the autumn term and will continue to keep those children safe with appropriate hygiene and social distancing restrictions in place. If you are looking for information about a specific school, do contact that school for details. A list of C of E schools in our diocese can be found here.
If you are from a school, looking for the most up-to-date Department for Education (DfE)/Public Health England advice for education providers, it can be read here.
The DfE coronavirus helpline is available to answer questions about COVID-19 relating to education and children’s social care. Staff, parents and young people can contact this helpline as follows: - Phone: 0800 046 8687 - Opening hours: 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, and 10am to 4pm, Saturday and Sunday. If you work in a school, please have your unique reference number (URN or UK PRN) available when calling the hotline.
- The Government’s central coronavirus information page is available to read online.
- The latest advice from Public Health England can be found here. This advice is currently being updated daily. If you click ‘see all updates’ at the top of the page, it will tell you what has been updated that day.
- The Government has travel advice for those travelling and living overseas.
- Latest guidance from the National Governance Association can be found here.
- CCO Children’s Guide to Coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Information for Governing Boards
- Model Policy on Governor Virtual Meetings
- Governing Board Meetings – How to be more virtual
- Coronavirus Guidance to Governing Boards (COVID-19)
- NGA Coronavirus Guidance
- NGA COVID-19 Governing Board Meetings Guidance
- Model Annex for Child Protection Policy (during COVID-19)
12 November 2020
The Locks Heath Pumas come to the rescue of Hook-with-Warsash C of E Academy and ... read more
19 October 2020
A Gosport woman who works as a school crossing patrol outside a Leesland school has ... read more
16 October 2020
Members of the Mothers’ Union in Shedfield and Wickham showed their care for parents whose ... read more