Christian people are called to care for God’s creation and we need to take action now as our planet is increasingly under threat from climate change and pollution. But what can we do? Come along to this exciting event to find out how we can be part of the solution, not part of the problem. With:
- Displays from Christian Aid (climate change),Tear Fund (rubbish management project), Farlington Parish eco-church initiative, and others;
- Practical Workshops for adults and children;
- Shared plant-based meal;
- Talk and discussion about how to become an eco-church, with action points for the future.
- 4:30pm: tea, coffee, view displays and sign up for workshops.
- 4:45pm to 6pm: workshops
- workshop choices for adults include: making eco-bricks, knitting with waste wool, up- cycling, and others to be confirmed
- workshop choices for children include: junk modelling, icing animal biscuits, learning a “One World” song to perform (children can change workshops halfway through).
- 6pm: children perform One World song, and time to view displays
- 6:15pm: shared meal (jacket potatoes and fillings)
- 7:15pm: learn more about the eco-church initiative from speaker David Morgan, head of the eco-diocese initiative in Salisbury, followed by questions, discussion, and action points for the future.
- 8:15pm: finish
Date: Monday 28th October
Time: 4:30pm to 8:15pm
Venue: Cosham Baptist Church
Find out more and sign up via the Facebook event. Download the PDF flyer (right-click on the image opposite and choose “Save as...”) to print and promote in your church and community.
20 December, IN: Christmas Services
A celebration of Christmas and distribution of Vouchers collected via local Churches and Groups to ... read more
20 January, IN: Justice
Come and discover your place in the world church. read more
18 July, IN: Spirituality
Three sessions will help to focus on our God-given connection to the earth, our sustenance ... read more