You Couldn’t Make It Up!
The Education sub-committee of the Ecclesiastical Law Society are organising a series of training events – entitled You Couldn’t Make It Up! – around the country on the theme of good governance in parochial ministry, looking particularly at the Church Representation Rules (with the new ones coming into effect next year) the Churchwardens Measure 2001 and what it means to be a charitable trustee. This training is open to all clergy, churchwardens, and PCC Secretaries as well as diocesan training officers, archdeacons, diocesan registrars and chancellors.
Date: Friday 22nd November
Time: 10:30am to 3:30pm
Venue: The Queens Foundation Birmingham, Somerset Road, Edgbaston Birmingham, B15 2QH
The training will be led by members of the ELS Education Team including:
- Simon Baker, Chair of ELS Education
- Norman Boakes, former Archdeacons National Executive Officer
- Andrea Russell, Queen’s Foundation, Birmingham
- Louise Connacher, Acting Provincial Registrar, Province of York
- Stuart Beake, former Archdeacon of Guildford
- Stephen Borton , Ecclesiastical Manager Lee Bolton Monier-Williams
- Teresa Sutton, Sussex University
A range of topics will be considered including:
- Good order as a fundamental part of our vocation
- The Church Representation Rules including recent changes
- PCC members as charity trustees
So that our conversation is relevant to the needs of participants, each day conference will conclude with a panel review of questions and issues. You are invited to send your questions to Simon Baker indicating which conference you will be attending.
20 November, IN: Training
Join us for a series of five workshops in Newport, Isle of Wight, which will ... read more
21 November, IN: Training
Join us for a series of five workshops in Farlington which will explore pioneer principles ... read more
22 November, IN: Training
A series of regional day conferences looking at the challenges and importance of good governance ... read more