Licensing of Readers
Readers, also known as Licensed Lay Ministers, are lay people, called by God, trained and licensed by the Church, to preach, teach, lead worship and assist in pastoral, evangelistic and liturgical work.
Bishop Christopher will license new Readers at special services across our diocese over the weekend of November 13-15. Each Reader candidate will be licensed at the church in which they are to serve, in services with a maximum of 30 people. That's so that as many family and friends of the candidates and members of the local congregations can attend. We also hope to live-stream some or all of the services throughout the weekend.
Those Readers who are due to be licensed are:
- Dr Coleen Jackson, serving in Blendworth, Chalton and Idsworth benefice
- Clare Watson, St Mary’s, Alverstoke
- Liz Quinn, St Peter and St Paul, Hambledon
- Sue Moss, St Mary’s Church, South Hayling
- Mandy Hollingsworth, Parish of St Mary, Portsea
9 March 2020
Liz Quinn went to Ghana for her placement, as part of her training to become ... read more
2 April 2019
Eleven stalwarts from parishes across south-east Hampshire and the Isle of Wight were presented with ... read more