Pioneering Parishes: Starting Out
A series of four webinars over two months aimed at helping parishes start to move their energy outwards and become more pioneering.
In the webinars the course facilitators offer a series of postures, practices and tools that help the parish church to:
- Gradually fall in love with those outside the church who are unconnected
- Recognise the culture gap between the people who worship in the church and those who live in the locality
- Better understand pioneering, and the stages a pioneer team goes through to create church ‘where people are at’
- Create an environment in which pioneering groups and individuals can flourish
- Work out how to use available capacity in a way that most closely serves the church’s values, mission and vision
- Develop a mini-ecosystem of traditional and new churches
Tuesday 20 September, 4 & 18 October, & 1 November, 7:30pm to 9:30pm each session.
Led by Rev Tina Hodgett and Rev Greg Bakker.
07 June, IN: Training
*SAVE THE DATE* Bishop’s Day at Portsmouth Cathedral, more details to follow. read more
12 June, IN: Worship
RSCM Music Sunday is a fabulous opportunity not only to celebrate the role of church ... read more
17 September, IN: Worship
Composer and conductor Philip Stopford will lead a singing day at Portsmouth Cathedral. read more