Preparing for Christmas 2017 in your church #GodWithUs
As Archbishop Justin Welby says in his introduction to #GodWithUs:
“The constant refrain of Christmas, in carols and readings, is that God is with us. In whatever situations you find yourself this Christmas, God is with you – you need only turn to him and ask to know his presence”.
This year’s CofE campaign has three key elements:
- Video adverts that tell the story of people's journeys to church at Christmas and what Christmas means to them, which will be released throughout December on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- The new A Church Near You – our national church finder – which will point people to a Christmas service or event taking place in one of the 16,500 Church of England churches. This will launch in November 2017. Find out more about the new ACNY
- Producing Your Christmas Journey, a series of short reflections throughout December and into early January 2018, introduced by Archbishop Justin Welby. The reflections have been written by soul[food] for people who are new to faith and to help us all grow in our love of God. People can receive the messages as texts, emails, on social media and Church House Publishing have produced a booklet which would be ideal for churches to give to those attending Advent and Christmas services – find out more here.
How can you and your church get involved?
Here are five simple ways you can help out:
- Access church Christmas resources (including posters and the logo) by going to the Church of England website www.churchofengland.org/christmas.
- Share the content we post on Twitter and Facebook in the months ahead and throughout December.
- Churches can order copies of the Your Christmas Journey reflections from Church House Publishing to give out to those attending an event or service at Advent and Christmas.
- Sign up and get your friends and family to join the Your Christmas Journey reflections by texting GodWithUs to 88802.
- If you are an editor on A Church Near You, the national church finder that receives 13 million page views per year, please go in and update your Christmas service information. NB: if you are not the editor for your parish and think you should be, go to your parish's page and click 'update this church' . Follow the instructions and the site will send a message to your current editor asking if you can take over this responsibility.