- share services and offices together with the Priest in Charge
- ensure the provision of appropriate pastoral ministry across the parishes
- develop and take the lead particularly in relation to mission
- have a pastoral heart and delight in the diversity of our congregations;
- have experience and organisational skills in overseeing community engagement;
- develop and lead mission projects;
- be willing to immerse themselves in island life.
Associate Priest for Hayling Island - 0.5 post
Hayling Island with its many leisure and tourist facilities is diverse in its socio-demographics. It is home to approximately 18,000 people, a significant proportion being over the age of 60. There are also a number of schools and a college on the island.
At this exciting time of collaboration between the three Hayling Anglican churches our new Associate Priest will share in the pastoral care and worship across the island and will be instrumental in the development of mission projects across the parishes.
He or she will bring energy, intelligence and good communication skills to the role to work together with the three churches in their distinctiveness to operate as one body in mission.
The main responsibilities in this 0.5 post will be to:
The ideal candidate will:
The closing date for this post is Friday 1st March 2019. The parish visits will take place on Sunday, 17th March 2019 with the interviews being held on Monday, 18th March 2019.
Please apply for this post on Pathways, the Church of England portal on pathways.churchofengland.org/job/pathways/590/associate-priest