- To establish Newport Minster as a community hub, a centre for learning and a visitor destination
- To manage the volunteering programme, including the day-to-day supervision of volunteers, acting as a first point of contact and support, providing training and monitoring performance.
- To deliver the outcomes of the project Activity Plan and where required help to facilitate the Interpretation Plan
- To develop and run successful industry placement schemes at the Minster
- Co-ordinate and manage a sustainable volunteer and student placement programme, and develop an accompanying comprehensive volunteering policy.
- Co-ordinate the day-to-day activities of volunteers and student placement programme and ensure sufficient volunteer cover to meet the projected new opening times for the Minster.
- Work with partner organisations to recruit volunteers from target groups.
- Develop a range of volunteering opportunities including micro-volunteering and corporate volunteering.
- Produce a volunteer handbook and deliver a suitable induction programme, in partnership with partner organisation
- Work with partner organisations to deliver a range of training opportunities for volunteers and student placement and support their progress at the Minster.
- Finalise the design of the activities outlined in the Activity Plan and deliver the plan successfully.
- Represent the Minster at outreach events both within the community and at formal education establishments.
Community Engagement Co-ordinator
Newport Minster is looking for a Community Engagement Co-ordinator
Newport Minster has been awarded a grant from the National Lottery Heritage Fund (NLHF) in order to deliver the Newport Minster Redevelopment project. The Engagement Coordinator post will play a key role in delivering the NLHF Activity Plan.
Key Responsibilities include:
Contract type : Full-time, fixed-term 2 year post
Salary: £28,000 per annum
Responsible to: Operations Manager
Working hours: 37 hours a week Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. However, occasional evenings and weekends will be required.
DBS: Enhanced DBS required
You will need to undertake DBS checks at a level decided by the PCC and undertake appropriate safeguarding training.
Download the Job Description above for more details. Contact Gemma Torrington with your CV to apply.
St Thomas' Square, High Street Newport, PO30 1SG