- Administer Faculty Jurisdiction work, granting permissions for repairs and development of churches, churchyards and consecrated places
- Assist with the administration of the Bishop’s paperwork:
- With the support of the Diocesan Registrars,
- Support the Diocesan Registrars
- Archiving and filing key documents
- Keeping up to date with the guidance and legislation from the House of Bishops, the General Synod, the Church Commissioners and others.
- Location: Salisbury, office based.
- Hours: 3 days / week (21.75 hours), potential to increase to full time. Occasional out of hours work with time off in lieu.
- Salary: From £24,000 pro rata depending on experience rising after initial six month training.
- Holidays: 25 days plus bank holidays pro rata (rising with length of service).
Diocesan Registry Clerk
An exciting opportunity to join the specialist ecclesiastical law team at Batt Broadbent Solicitors doing a varied and interesting job with excellent development opportunities.
Based at the Salisbury office of Batt Broadbent Solicitors, you will work as part of the Diocesan Registry team consisting of two lawyers (the Diocesan Registrars), three clerks and two dogs. The team provides legal support to the bishops, archdeacons, clergy, parishes and office holders of the Dioceses of Salisbury, Winchester and Portsmouth in the Church of England.
Adaptability and a willingness to learn is more important than prior experience. On the job training and support will be provided. Some understanding of the institutions of the Church of England is an advantage.
Please note we have dogs in our office.
Closing date for applications is Monday 19th June 2023.
Please send a CV and covering letter to this email address.
It would be helpful for you to indicate your availability for interview and your notice period in your current position, if appropriate, in your letter.