- Lead on strategy and planning: One of the first responsibilities will be to lead a review of the current service with the team and to develop the vision and strategy for the next few years.
- Provide general direction and guidance for on-going work in collaboration with the Referrals Coordinator.
- Have clinical oversight of the counsellors.
- Direct and guide our bi-monthly team meetings.
- Attend monthly supervisors’ meeting as part of governance.
- Provide pastoral care of the team in collaboration with the chaplain to the service.
Director of All Saints Counselling Service
All Saints Counselling Service (ASCS) began in the early 1990s with the aim of providing a safe space for clergy and others to talk through issues they were facing. It gradually grew into a broader public service and now works with individuals from across the local area as part of the Portsmouth Diocesan Council for Social Responsibility (CSR). It helps people work through a variety of issues including grief, depression, trauma, anxiety, stress and abuse. In addition to counselling, the service also offers coaching.
We are looking for a new Director with a passion for the ethos and mission of the service, and the vision and wisdom to lead us through the next phase in our development in a rapidly changing world.
Provide leadership and direction
Download the full Job Description above.
It is envisaged that the working hours would be approximately 50 days per year. This appointment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
This role is offered at a rate of £5,000 per annum for an initial period of two years with a six-month probation period. It would be on a Contract for Services basis plus expenses.
For more information or to have a conversation about the role, email.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to Nick Ralph.
Closing date: 28 February 2023.
All Saints Church (City)
All Saints Church, 334 Commercial Road, PO1 4BT