- Education Outreach – ‘Pop Up Cathedral’
- Part-time, temporary six month contract 10 hours per week
- Hourly rate: £9.61 (£17,500 FTE)
- 7.5% employer contribution plus 1% employee contribution
- Learn about the Cathedral’s history and the people who work here
- Develop your presentation skills
- Gain experience in supporting children & young people to learn new skills; acquire knowledge; share an experience
- Have the opportunity to share creative ideas and the support to implement them
- Individuals that are potentially looking into careers within teaching or event management
- Those wanting experience in presenting to a range of audiences
- Those wanting experience working for a historic building/ environment
We seek an Education Assistant to work on the Cathedral’s new outreach project – the Pop-Up Cathedral. With the increasing cost of coach hire prohibiting schools travelling to the Cathedral, we have a new project to take the Cathedral to schools instead! A large pop-up gazebo will be driven to schools, erected on the field or car-park and classes will be able to visit in turn and take part in a range of activities. The activities will be linked to the National Curriculum, the RE syllabus, or focus on a bespoke topic in discussion with teachers prior to the visit.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact the Education Officer Sarah Page 023 9282 3300 ext 221.
The Role would suit
Appointment is subject to the satisfactory completion of the appropriate enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and training. This will be dealt with confidentially.
St Thomas's Street Old Portsmouth, PO1 2HH