- CONNECT YOUTH GROUP. To lead our recently started ‘Connect’ Youth Group held on Friday evenings at Portchester Parish Hall, Assheton Court. CONNECT meets each Friday at the Parish Hall from 6:15pm to 7:30pm. This is a community youth group geared towards 9-13 year olds. Each week there are activities, games, talking and a tuck shop! Parents are welcome to stay for tea, coffee and a chat in the smaller room or can drop off and pick up at the end. It would be our vision to start a second group for older teens aged 13+ -15 from 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
- SCHOOLS. To identify the possibilities for developing our relationship with local schools (particularly Northern Junior and Red Barn) Drawing on the support of our partnership with the Scripture Union, we wish you to strengthen our existing good relationships with schools. We envisage this being achieved by building relationships with staff, parents and children, by supporting the work of our existing Schools’ Team, by recruiting volunteers to work alongside you and by identifying how you yourself can offer a distinctive pastoral and spiritual contribution to the life of our schools.
- CHILDREN IN CHURCH. To work in partnership with our dedicated volunteers in supporting our Sunday and Weekday (St Mary’s Lambs and Messy Church) activities for Children and Young People, to recruit and nurture new leaders, to provide leadership whilst also producing and serving on the rotas. To build relationships with church families.
- BAPTISM FAMILIES. To build relationships with families who come to have their children baptised.
- FUN & FAITH. To develop our ability to reach out to Young People through the local Uniformed Organisations, by planning and leading Holiday Clubs, and discipling our Young People through weekends away.
St Mary’s Church, Portchester, wishes to employ a suitably qualified and experienced Families, Youth & ... Read more
Christ The King College, as they strive to provide the best possible Faith Education, are ... Read more
All Saints Counselling would like to recruit some more counsellors to support their work and ... Read more
CedarOak has offered a counselling service in Gosport over 25 years for people who have ... Read more
Please click on the link to find out where current Foundation Governor vacancies exist: Read more
Families, Children & Youth Worker
St Mary’s Church, Portchester, is a lively, diverse and inclusive community where we seek to journey together in Faith and to live out that Faith in the world around us. Our church building, founded as an Augustinian Priory in the 1120s, is the spiritual focus for a ministry designed for the 2020s. Please see our website for full details.
St Mary’s Church wishes to employ a suitably qualified and experienced Families, Youth & Children’s Worker of lively Christian Faith, who is excited by the opportunities of relationship building with families both in the church and the community, and who has the drive and ability to develop the skills of our current leaders and recruit new people to get involved.
Although the post is initially part-time, it is our aim to develop this into a full time post, as potential, numbers of children etc and opportunities increase. As such it might be attractive to someone with another part-time job.
As this is a new post, we shall be looking to you to identify its potential. However, we have the following priorities:
Download the Job Description for details, including how to apply.
Closing date: Friday 16th April
Interviews: Week beginning Monday 26th April
St. Mary's Church, Portchester
Portchester Castle, Castle Street, Portchester, PO16 9QH