- Be an active servant of Jesus Christ as understood by the Aggie Weston articles of faith, sustained in faith through regular participation in a worshipping community.
- Develop meaningful relationships with the families of serving personnel of the Royal Navy, Royal Marines and Royal Fleet Auxiliary and the service personnel themselves, in order to become an obvious choice as a confidante if needed.
- Offer pastoral care in the form of listening, encouraging, comforting, supporting and practically helping.
- Offer prayer support as required.
- Commit time to ad hoc discussions whenever they develop; thus it will be necessary to retain flexibility in programme.
- Be a ‘signposter’ with up-to-date knowledge of where more specialist help can be found if needed.
- Salary: £21,866(FTE)
- Contract: permanent
- Hours: 12 to 30 hours per week
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date for applications: Monday 19 February, 8am
Families Pastoral Worker
The Families Pastoral Worker (FPW) post is designed to support Naval Service families living in and around the Service Family Accommodation (SFA) estates in Portsmouth. Under the direction of the Plymouth Area Families Pastoral Worker Co-Ordinator (FPWC), the Portsmouth Community Waves Team will support community activities for Naval Service families living in and around the Service Family Accommodation estates in Portsmouth.
The core role of the FPW is to: