- To ensure that the missional priorities of the project remain central for its purpose.
- To ensure that the Bridgeway project is underpinned by robust safeguarding and effective operational policies and procedures.
- To champion equality, diversity and inclusion across the Bridgeway Project and ensure the voice of young people is integral to everything we do.
- 40 hours flexible to include evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Salary: £30,000.
- Based at St Luke’s church, reporting to the Vicar of St Luke’s.
Head of Bridgeway
St Luke’s is a pioneer parish working with the community in one of the poorest parts of the city in Portsmouth.
Bridgeway is an innovative pioneer mission initiative that started in 2019. Partnering with other agencies, this project engages with hard to reach young people in the City. Our focus is to build trust and support young people in the difficult issues they face. Bridgeway is passionate about encouraging young people to flourish and be confident in their own identity.
This parish initiative is embedded and valued in the local community. Now we feel God is calling us to widen the missional reach of the project.
To do this, we are looking for an experienced leader who has the ability to scale up the project to operate city wide.
The Head of Bridgeway will be responsible for the strategic leadership of the project:
St Luke's Southsea
www.stlukessouthsea.church, PO5 4LH