- has vision and enthusiasm to support our two small rural parishes working together towards union;
- is able to lead us in both traditional and contemporary worship and to be a thought-provoking preacher;
- will continue to develop the close relationship with our church primary school;
- will engage with all elements of our community and enable and support our pastoral care.
- a warm welcome to our friendly and vibrant communities in the beautiful South Downs National Park;
- supportive and committed laity working together who have an established profile within the two villages;
- active Deanery Chapter support and close relations with wider cluster churches;
- a pleasant modern rectory with office/meeting room in a central but peaceful setting in the heart of the Meon Valley.
- To have primary pastoral responsibility for our two small rural parishes
- To work alongside a full-time stipendiary incumbent in the newly-formed benefice of Upper Meon
- To continue to develop the close relationship with our church primary school
- To take an active part in parish life, so that the reputation and presence of the church in our communities is enhanced.
- is comfortable leading both traditional and more contemporary forms of service.
- is able to work with us to develop new ways of drawing people in our communities into the life of the church.
- has a real gift for preaching, who will challenge us with new ideas and help us relate Christ's teaching to the challenges of contemporary life.
- will be both a leader and a collaborative team member, able to motivate others and nurture and value their talents.
- can think strategically and is able to develop a vision, together with us, of how we could fulfil the church's mission more effectively.
- make disciples of Christ;
- grow our churches;
- equip people for lifelong learning; and
- promote the transformation of society.
House for Duty Associate Priest
We are seeking someone who:
We can offer:
The Bishop of Portsmouth is looking to appoint an Associate Priest (House for Duty) to the parishes of West Meon and Warnford. This rural United Benefice is located in the South Downs National Park, near Petersfield.
The vicarage is located in West Meon and is a modern four bedroom property with ample room for meetings and study space, as well as family living accommodation.
For more information about who we are, what we are seeking to achieve and what we can offer to our new Associate Priest please read the attached Parish Profile.
Closing date for applications: November 15th, 2019
Interviews will be held on December 4th and 5th, 2019
To apply, click here.
The Ideal Candidate
For more information about this application process, please use this link
Our diocese is made up of 11,000 or so worshippers in 139 Church of England parishes across south-east Hampshire and the Isle of Wight. It is led by our Bishop, and includes clergy, Readers, retired clergy, chaplains, paid staff and thousands of volunteers who work in our parishes.
Our diocese is also divided into seven deaneries, each of which co-ordinates the mission and ministry of parishes in their area.
We have a framework to envision our diocese in the future - and it can be summed up in just three words:
live | pray | serve will be our guide for the future, as we seek to equip people to live as disciples of Christ; to pray, individually and together as worshipping communities; and to serve our local neighbourhoods and society together.
To achieve this, we will encourage and support our parishes, chaplaincies and church schools as they aim to:
These four strands embrace all the work covered by our central diocesan teams, but are also picked up through engagement with individual worshippers and in local parishes, communities, chaplaincies, and schools.
St John the Evangelist Church
Church Lane West Meon, GU32 1LF
Warnford Park, A32 Warnford, SO32 3LA