- to provide spiritual leadership to the congregation of St Mary’s and to the wider parish of Buriton;
- to lead and develop our regular pattern of services and worship;
- to ensure that there is an active programme of study and prayer
- compassionate and caring with a calling for pastoral care and a deep understanding of the varied pastoral needs of the community;
- passionate about their faith and creative and sensitive in helping others to find their way to Christ and to deepen their faith;
House for Duty, St Mary’s Buriton
Buriton is a deeply rewarding place to live and minister. The parish is in Petersfield Deanery, a proactive and friendly deanery with good lay and ordained leadership. All stipendiary incumbents give part of their time to champion an aspect of ministry across the deanery.
Buriton is a vibrant rural community with a strong sense of identity. St Mary’s has been at the heart of this community, physically and spiritually, for 850 years. It has flourished in recent years, drawing in worshippers from neighbouring Petersfield and further afield, attracted by the distinctive nature of a village church community and by its broad form of worship.
The self-supporting, House-for-Duty priest, parish priest in Buriton will commit to working two days a week plus Sundays and major church festivals.
The key responsibilities will be
The ideal candidate will be
The interviews will be held on Monday 13th and Tuesday 14th March 2023.
For further information on the role, please contact Acting Archdeacon Will Hughes.
Please apply for this post here.
St Mary the Virgin
North Lane Buriton, GU31 5RT