- Active Christian faith, sensitive and supportive to the mission and character of St Luke’s
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to delegate and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Active listening skills with the ability to problem solve
- Aptitude to lead teams and develop people
- Experience of working in administration in a church or non-profit setting
- Experience and enthusiasm for developing organisation processes to high professional standards
- Proven digital skills with considerable experience of using technology to best operational effect
- Two referees
- Enhanced DBS required
- Hours: 10 hours per week. Times and days to be agreed with the successful candidate
- Salary: £8,580-£9,360, depending on experience
- Annual Leave: Pro-rata of the full time equivalent of 25 days plus Bank Holidays, to include annual Christmas closure
- St Luke’s Church, Greetham Street, Portsmouth PO54LH
St Luke’s Southsea is a community of ordinary people exploring life together. Everyone is welcomed and accepted. The church was re-opened seven years ago having been shut for several years. Since then trust has been rebuilt with the community and the church has grown.
We are a pioneer parish and with a range of events, community groups and activities on site. We also run two pioneer mission projects funded by the national church: the Host co-worker space and Bridgeway reaching out to the most vulnerable teenagers and young adults in the community. We are also planning to open a bespoke community café as a third pioneer project in 2023.
We are now looking for a part time operations manager to oversee operational strategies for St Luke’s Church which support our vision. The Operations Manager will work closely with the Vicar and Standing Committee to ensure that systems to support the growth of the church family are efficient, innovative and sustainable.
The post-holder will be an ambassador for the values of St Luke’s with problem solving skills, compassion and high professional standards. You will have oversight of a portfolio of operational areas.
Responsibilities will be flexible – as with all operational leadership roles, we expect that this role will change, develop and grow as the church grows in its mission.
Terms & Conditions
Place of work:
To apply, contact Rev Annie McCabe with your CV.
St Luke's Southsea
www.stlukessouthsea.church, PO5 4LH