- discerning a cohesive vision and direction which will draw together the many aspects of St Johns, and help us to grow.
- understanding how our spirituality, skills and interests can be honed to become more faithful, impactful, and missional.
- growing younger as a community, especially reaching out towards teenagers and the under-represented 20s, 30s and 40s within our parish
- growing older with grace and holiness as we empower and support older members of our community
- being light and salt in our community, sharing the love, compassion, and good news of Jesus.
- Closing date for applications is Friday 2nd June 2023
- The interviews for this post will be held on Monday 12th and Tuesday 13th June 2023
Priest-in-charge, Locks Heath
Locks Heath is a suburb of the borough of Fareham. St John the Baptist is a large, lively intergenerational parish church that supports Christians from a broad set of traditions that include liturgical, evangelical and charismatic, to worship, be fed spiritually and serve.We are a single suburban parish of 250+ regular worshippers. We employ two part-time administrators and a part-time Children and Families Team Leader.
We delight when people hear the Good News of Jesus and are drawn to follow him. We want St John’s to support this mission through flourishing and varied worship, relevant outward looking groups and intriguing activities. We aspire to be recognised as loving, enthusiastic Christians who as living sacrifices make a difference across our community and beyond.
St John’s is a busy, faithful, and welcoming congregation with a large number who engage in different forms of lay ministry. We are a community of living faith and our worship demonstrates different expressions and outworking of our faith.
We seek to grow disciples and deepen love and service of the living Lord Jesus.
We are seeking a Priest-in-Charge who will lead us in:
Together with many committed and gifted volunteers, a supportive PCC, the church is eagerly looking forward to working with our new Priest-in-Charge as we seek a leader to support us in our mission of ‘Sharing Life, Hope and Joy’.
A broad picture of St John the Baptist, Locks Heath and our relationship with other parishes in the Western Wards is given in the Parish Profile, available for download above. This Role Description should be read in conjunction with our vision and priorities along with the details in the Profile. It should also be read in conjunction with the Diocesan Vision and Strategy,
For further information on the post please contact Acting Archdeacon Rev Canon Will Hughes.
Please apply for this post on the Pathways Portal here.
St John's, Locks Heath
Church Road, Locks Heath, SO31 6LW