- preparation for and attending and contributing to Core Group meetings.
- interviewing survivors, witnesses and respondents
- accurately recording action taken.
- reviewing of documentary evidence and the writing of investigation report
- Relevant professional qualification or equivalent (for example, social care or criminal justice), with current professional registration where applicable.
- Extensive experience of safeguarding of children and adults at a local and regional level including strategic development of safeguarding capabilities and practice.
- Experience of working with a range of statutory and non-statutory organisations in managing or contributing to safeguarding
- Practitioner/manager experience of working with victims or survivors of abuse and adults with mental health issues.
- In-depth knowledge of the statutory framework in relation to safeguarding children and adults.
- Experience of complex investigations.
- Experience of communications and external stakeholder management on safeguarding issues.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience of working within a safeguarding environment whose main function is to protect vulnerable adults, children and young people as well as an understanding of national and local influences relating to safeguarding.
The post holder will be required to work with a diverse range of clergy, staff, volunteers, and congregations, as well as partner agencies, to appropriately respond to and investigate safeguarding concerns or issues.
They must be able to work independently and flexibly, as the role involves travel across the diocese and evening and weekend working. For this reason, access to their own transport is essential.
Take on day-to-day investigative tasks and management of cases in the diocese in collaboration with the other Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser. This will include the following:
The Ideal Candidate should have:
A clear, enhanced DBS check is required for this role.
Please see the attached accompanying papers.
Deadline for applications is 12th November at midnight. Please apply for this post here.
The interviews for this post will be held on 25th November 2021 by zoom.