- To serve the parishes of West Meon and Warnford as teacher and spiritual leader.
- To build on the growth that we have achieved so far and help us to reach out as a church to people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
- To play an active role, including acting as governor, in our local primary school.
- To take an active part in parish life, so that the reputation and presence of the church in our communities is enhanced.
- is comfortable leading both traditional and more contemporary forms of service.
- is able to work with us to develop new ways of drawing people in our communities into the life of the church.
- has a real gift for preaching, who will challenge us with new ideas and help us relate Christ’s teaching to the challenges of contemporary life.
- will be both a leader and a collaborative team member, able to motivate others and nurture and value their talents.
- can think strategically and is able to develop a vision, together with us, of how we could fulfil the church’s mission more effectively.
Vicar (House for Duty), West Meon
An energetic pastor and leader of our church in mission is sought for our two small rural parishes, where newcomers frequently remark on the friendly welcome they receive and on their delight at becoming part of such an egalitarian community. We have a great community spirit, work well together and are looking to grow further in our faith and mission. We need someone who will engage well with people of all ages in our communities both within and outside the church congregations and also lead us into greater partnership with our neighbouring villages and cluster churches as we work towards becoming a combined benefice in the future.
The Bishop of Portsmouth is looking to appoint a Vicar (House for Duty) to the parishes of West Meon and Warnford. This rural United Benefice is located in the South Downs National Park, near Petersfield.
The vicarage is located in West Meon and is a modern four-bedroom property with ample room for meetings and study space, as well as family living accommodation.
For more information about who we are, what we are seeking to achieve and what we can offer to our new Vicar please read the attached Parish Profile.
Interviews will be held on 5th and 6th February.
The Ideal Candidate
For more information about this application process, and to apply, please use this link.
St John the Evangelist Church
Church Lane West Meon, GU32 1LF
Warnford Park, A32 Warnford, SO32 3LA