- A man or woman comfortable with the modern catholic tradition, keen to continue the liturgy at St George's by respectful celebration of the Sacraments.
- A person with the desire and skills to develop good relationships with the young people of the parish and to continue close contact with the local schools.
- A person with the talent to deal sensitively with the varying needs of our senior population.
- A person with leadership skills to encourage, reassure and focus the work of individuals and parish groups.
- A person with energy and commitment to contribute to fundraising and social events in the parish.
- A person with the interest and desire to continue and support the Waterlooville Music Festival.
Vicar, St George The Martyr, Waterlooville
Can you lead and grow this Christian community, foster relationships across all ages, encourage and focus the work of individuals and parish groups?
St George's is a church with an modern catholic tradition set within the town of Waterlooville. Its impressive 1970's church is not only home to regular worship, it also provides the venue for many concerts during the annual Waterlooville Music Festival, which attracts newcomers to the church.
A wide variety of groups lead by lay people provides activity, pastoral care and ministry within the parish and community.
In our next incumbent we are seeking the following qualities:
To discuss the role, please contact the Archdeacon of Portsdown, the Venerable Dr Joanne Grenfell: email@example.com
The closing date for this post is Friday 23rd February 2018 and the interviews and visits are on Tuesday, 6th and Wednesday, 7th March 2018.