- lead and help develop our Children’s Church and contribute to our all age services.
- source appropriate teaching resources
- provide pastoral care and oversee the spiritual development of young people and children
- run, as required, age-appropriate Youth Alpha type courses;
- lead occasional Youth Services and/or involve young people in leading family services (e.g. Mothering Sunday, Light Party & Nativity services)
- ensure the effective implementation of the church’s Safeguarding policy and procedures
- encourage prayer for the young people and children in church
- engage with local secondary and primary schools with the aim of making effective links with the church and building up St. John’s Youth and Children’s ministries (including involvement in the Year 6 Leavers’ services)
- plan and put on youth events e.g. Youth Services, Christmas/Easter specials;
- co-ordinate/ lead outings to youth activities in other churches
- liaise with other local Christian youth workers such as those involved in the Youth Together in Fareham Group
- build up a St. John’s youth group (likely to meet outside of a Sunday morning)
- work under the direction of the Vicar and Churchwardens
- manage expenses within the agreed budget for youth and children’s work
- maintain database (including contact details) of youth + children and their parents/guardians
- maintain a disciplined spiritual life with personal quiet times and bible study
- attend appropriate training and retreat days provided by the Diocese and other organisations.
To establish fresh ways of reaching out to young people and children in our community ... Read more
St Mary’s has a growing youth ministry and is attracting more younger people and families. ... Read more
Youth and Children’s Worker
To establish fresh ways of reaching out to young people and children in our community such that they might come to know Jesus and develop a mature and lasting faith in him.
Pastoral Care/Spiritual Growth
Please return a CV and covering letter to Rev Bruce Deans or, if posting, to St. John’s Vicarage, 3A Upper St. Michael’s Grove, Fareham. PO14 1DN.
Completed applications should reach Rev Bruce by 31st July 2022 with shortlisting taking place on 4th August 2022 and interviews taking place on 11th August 2022.
Salary and expenses.
The salary offered will be up to £7,722 p.a. based on 15 hours per week at £9.90 per hour. Agreed working expenses within an agreed budget of up to £500 p.a. will be payable in addition.