- Contribute to the HR strategies of one of the oldest and most respected institutions, making a real difference to our employee’s lives.
- Work alongside a diverse group of professionals, sharing expertise and shaping innovative HR solutions.
- Support the Diocese of Portsmouth in fostering an inclusive, supportive, and compassionate work environment.
- Provide strategic guidance on HR Policies and Procedures, Pay and Reward reviews, and Organisational Culture.
- Ensure the alignment of our HR practices with legal requirements and ethical standards.
- Advocate for diversity, inclusion, and employee well-being initiatives.
- Participate in shaping the future of HR practices within the Diocese of Portsmouth
- As an experienced HR professional, it is expected that you will be currently active within your own HR fields of expertise.
- It would be desirable to have a sound understanding of HR and employment issues across the City of Portsmouth and local surrounding area.
- An understanding or background in Charity or NGO would be beneficial as would.
- Reward/Pay expertise.
HR Experts for Advisory Board
We are looking for locally based external HR experts to work with us in shaping the future of HR at the Diocese of Portsmouth as independent members of our HR Advisory Board.
Why us / You will have the opportunity to:
What you’ll do:
What we’re looking for:
It is not essential for candidates to meet all the above requirements. These are non-remunerated positions, however reasonable expenses will be re-imbursed. The HR Advisory Board meets quarterly, meetings are generally Hybrid and currently held during normal working hours, but timings would be flexible to accommodate members’ availability. Please send expressions of interest, detailing your background and suitability to the role to Robert Burden by November 30.