1. Beginning prayer
- How are you feeling?
- What do you want to say to God?
- Ask for the help of God’s Holy Spirit – the energy of God
(this is very important – our access-point to God!)
- Say what you want to say
- If you don’t know what to say, or don’t want to say anything, just be there in God’s presence
- Look here for ideas for prayer
3. Finishing prayer
- Say thank you to God for time with God
- Say the Lord’s Prayer, or make a closing gesture like the sign of the cross
- Slowly get up and leave the place where you’ve prayed
4. How was it for you?
- As you walk away, recall your prayer time, just as you might think back over time with a friend
- How did you feel during the prayer?
- Was it good to be there, or not? In what ways?
- Did you feel God was asking anything from you? I
- s there anything you want to go back to in your next prayer time?
(Some people find it helpful to keep a note of this – a bit like a ‘spiritual diary’)