Continuing Ministerial Development (CMD)
Over the past four years Mission Discipleship and Ministry has been seeking to support church growth in our diocese. This has three important strands:
- Growth in depth: enabling our churches to deepen the faith of those who are part of our church communities so that their experience of God is rich and meaningful.
- Growth in breadth: enabling churches to share their faith with others and make an impact upon their communities. We might describe this as evangelism: Christians sharing their faith with others.
- Growth in number: enabling churches to bring new people into the family of faith. This is about people encountering something of the hospitality of God in the life of church communities.
All the CMD events for 2020 are listed below. To book for a course, use the Submission Form on your chosen event. If you have any queries, please contact the MDM team via email or call 023 9289 9685.
Refreshments and lunch will be provided for all the one day courses.
- Exploring Catholic Approaches to Liturgy, January 29th
- Reader Training: Vocations, February 1st
- Reader Training: Why do we do what we do at the Eucharist?, February 22nd
- Less is more: Using Common Worship well, February 27th
- Reader Training: Assisting at the Eucharist, March 7th
- Bishop’s Day: Renewing Worship, March 23rd
- Doing Conflict Well, March 28th
- Medical Ethics, April 22nd
- Reader Training: Pioneering, May 9th
- Inspiring Music in Worship, May 12th
- Preaching the Old Testament, June 13th
- Estates Ministry Agreed, June 18th
- How to Lead Your Church in Evangelism, June 27th
- Reader Training: Mission and Evangelism, September 12th
- The Devil’s Storyteller, October 15th
- Reader Training: Preaching in the Year of Mark, October 17th
- Effective Administration, November 17th