From May 17, our churches can welcome 30 guests to each wedding service. It's hoped that after June 21, if the government roadmap is followed, that all restrictions on attendance will be lifted.
In the meantime, the advice below may be helpful if you are planning a church wedding to take place, perhaps after restrictions are lifted.
Discover all you need to know about weddings and blessings via the link below:
Click the links below to find out more.
(*Please note the following links will take you to a page on the Church of England website yourchurchwedding.org)
- Can I marry in church?
- What are the legal requirements?
- What is the cost of a church wedding?
*It is always advisable to ask the church in which you wish to marry
- How do I find my parish church for reading Banns?
- I have not been christened/baptised, can I have a church wedding?
- Can a vicar/minister from a different church take our wedding?
- Do we need a marriage licence?
Links for ideas for Wedding music
Popular choices, sung here by the choir at St Mark’s, North End.
Looking for your local church?
Click here to use your postcode to find out which church you live nearest to and how to make contact: