If you have information about a safeguarding situation where a child or adult is in immediate danger, or requires immediate attention, call emergency services on 999.
Any safeguarding concerns must be reported to your Parish Safeguarding Officer (PSO) and/or Incumbent as soon as possible.
If you need to speak to the the Diocesan Safeguarding Team please click here.
Parish safeguarding concerns should be reported to the Diocesan Safeguarding Team at firstname.lastname@example.org using the form below.
Finding Help and Support
The Diocesan Safeguarding Team are committed to responding to safeguarding concerns and giving advice. We are not however able to offer an emergency or 24-hour response. Below are the contact details of other agencies that are available to assist either on a 24-hour basis or through specialist helplines and services:
Isle of Wight
- NSPCC: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans: 08457 90 90 90 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse : 080 8808 8141 (free phone Monday to Friday 9-5pm).
- The Survivor's Trust: 08088 010 818 (free phone Monday to Wednesday 10am-7.30pm, Thursday 10am-6pm, Friday 10am-2pm)