Information for Clergy
Handbook and Supporting Documents
- Clergy Handbook (pdf)
- Clergy role description (template)
- Clergy Self Certification form (outside link - gov.uk)
- Bullying and harassment policy (pdf)
- The difference between capability, grievance and discipline (pdf)
- Letter from the Bishop, two consecutive rest days per month (Word)
- Deed of Resignation (pdf)
- Parental Leave (Word)
- Guidebook for the Clergy, by the Register Office (pdf, February 2015)
- Changes to the Registration of Marriages, coming into effect May 4th 2021 (pdf)
Changes to marriage law for non-EEA nationals
The law relating to the marriage of people from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) was changed in March 2015.
Click here for a guidance note from the national church explaining the changes.
Brexit, Banns and EEA/Swiss Nationals
In January 2019, the Home Office confirmed that they do not intend to make any changes to the sham marriage scheme on or immediately after the UK has left the EU. Read more about this decision and its impact here.