Information for Clergy
We've collected some information here that we think will be helpful for clergy, but it's not an exhaustive list.
The Clergy Handbook (immediately below) is the most important document, especially for clergy who are new to our diocese. This is regularly updated, so advice in its pages should be correct.
If you notice anything on these pages that needs updating, do let us know here.
Handbook and Supporting Documents
- Clergy Handbook (pdf)
- Clergy role description (template)
- Clergy Self Certification form (outside link - gov.uk)
- Bullying and harassment policy (pdf)
- The difference between capability, grievance and discipline (pdf)
- Letter from the Bishop, two consecutive rest days per month (Word)
- Deed of Resignation (pdf)
- Parental Leave (Word)
- Guidebook for the Clergy, by the Register Office (pdf, February 2015)
- Changes to the Registration of Marriages, came into effect May 4th 2021 (pdf)
- Post-Brexit changes to marriage requirements for EEA nationals, came into effect July 2021
- Please see: www.portsmouth.anglican.org/fees for more information