Resources for Churchwardens
Documents and Links
- The role of a Churchwarden (pdf)
- Church of England Measures (external link)
- Read a feature in the Pompey Chimes about the role of churchwardens (pdf)
- ‘Articles of Enquiry’ form (word doc)
- Churchcare.co.uk - A ‘one-stop-shop’ for the care of the church
- Clergyassoc.co.uk - Advice on dealing with an interregnum
Guidance from the Food Standards Agency
There are a number of factors which are taken into consideration when determining if a church should be treated as a ‘food business’. These include (but are not restricted to) the size of the event, frequency and the type of food being provided. Whether the food is paid for or free to consumers is not one of the factors taken into consideration.
The law requires those registered as a food business (which can include churches and charities) to provide allergen information to consumers.
If your church is not registered as a food business and you are unsure if it should be, please click here to contact your local environmental health team who will be able to advise you.