The Diocesan Healing Group exists to encourage and facilitate the development of healing ministry across the diocese. The Healing Group is a member of Christian Healing UK, an ecumenical fellowship of healing initiatives.
The members of the Group (with areas of special interest or experience) are:
- Dr David Pearson: Diocesan Healing Adviser (chairman)
Prayer Ministry Training, Interface of Medicine and Christian Healing
- Marion Syms: member of diocesan spirituality course team and counsellor at All Saints Counselling Service
Healing in Counselling, Spiritual Direction, Link with Portsmouth Cathedral
- Rev Sam Duddles: Team Vicar for St Nicholas Church, Copnor and Portsmouth Deanery Youth Chaplaincy Coordinator
Needs of Young Adults
- Rev Valentine Inglis-Jones: Rector of St Mary’s Church, Bramshott and Church Centre, Liphook
Healing outside the church & beyond Sunday Worship
- Rev Peter Law: retired priest living in Cowplain and member of Prayer Ministry Team, Acorn Christian Healing Foundation
Link with Acorn Christian Healing Foundation, Practical Healing Ministry
- Rev Canon Sarah Chapman: recently Canterbury Diocesan Adviser in Healing and Wholeness, and Chaplain of The Living Well, Canterbury
Experience gained throughout ministry and when an Occupational Therapist in mental health of the trauma and impact of childhood sexual, physical and emotional abuse.
Please feel free to contact them to help in your parish via Diocesan Healing Adviser, David Pearson (023 9275 3260 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Deanery Healing Groups
These have parish representatives, both ordained and lay and meet in the following Deaneries:
Portsmouth - led by Dr David Pearson
If you are interested in the work of any of these groups the leaders can be contacted via Dr David Pearson.