The Stewardship Adviser is available to support parishes in encouraging Christian giving through sound stewardship practices. Support includes resourcing, facilitating PCC discussions, supporting stewardship programmes in parishes and speaking at Sunday services.
Stewardship Resources for Churches and Parishes
Wills and Legacies
The Generosity Week
We believe in a generous God, a God who gave us everything. Giving and generosity are inextricably linked with the living out of our Christian faith.
As a church we need to encourage generosity whenever we can, and to help parishes focus on generous giving, the National Giving Team and colleagues in other Dioceses have created The Generosity Week: Eight days of service and worship materials for churches to use whatever the time of the year to encourage people to live generously.
These materials include:
- 8 Morning Prayer services
- Traditional Eucharist and Service of the Word services for 2 Sundays, one focussing on generosity and one on gratitude
- 2 sessions of Small Group material
- 8 audio reflections exploring passages in the Bible – for individual or group use
- Marketing and social media to support the material
May we encourage you to participate in a Generosity Week in your church. Set aside eight days to consider the generosity of God and our gratitude to Him. There is plenty of material here to support worship, preaching, teaching and prayer, providing an opportunity to consider our response to God’s gracious gifts.