We are a member of the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Modern Slavery Partnership. The strategy to tackle Modern Slavery in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight has been developed in line with the Government’s Modern Slavery Strategy:
- Pursue – Prosecute and disrupt individuals and groups responsible for slavery
- Prevent – Prevent people from engaging in slavery
- Protect – Strengthen safeguards against slavery by protecting vulnerable people from exploitation and increasing awareness of and resilience against this crime
- Prepare – Reduce the harm caused by slavery through improved victim identification and support
The Hampshire and Isle of Wight Modern Slavery Partnership is committed to working to identify and support victims of slavery and to bring the perpetrators to justice. The partnership uses Anti-Slavery Day to raise awareness of slavery and some of the key signs that someone may be being exploited and how to report any concerns.
The Modern Slavery Partnership has released its strategy for 2020-2023, forwarded by Michael Lane (Police and Crime Commissioner - Serving Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Portsmouth and Southampton) it covers four key strategic objectives:
- Raise awareness of modern slavery (SO1, Page 6).
- Combat Modern slavery by working in partnership (SO2, Page 7)
- including The Clewer Initiative.
- Identify and support victims or modern slavery (SO3, Page 8).
- Pursue perpetrators of modern slavery (SO4, Page 9).